Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Food for thought...

The other day I was thinking about this journey I've decided to embark on; and am dragging my family along on.  I started thinking about how many countries there are, and how many weeks there are in a year.  It hit me (like a cast iron skillet) that I'm going to be doing this for about three years.  Wow!!  That's a lot of learning and trying new techniques, spices and foods. 

On top of that, I was starting to daydream about then embarking on a nationwide quest, preparing meals that are specific to each of the 50 states.  Like Florida gator tail; Louisiana jambalaya; Tennessee pulled pork barbecue versus North Carolina style.  You get the idea.  I almost fell over with the enormity of it all.  Devon would be a teenager and Sarah would be entering 4th grade by the time I finished.  Ack!!

Who knows, maybe I will do it.  If I do, then Jeff & I will have to come up with a new spice cabinet storage method.  So far I've not had to buy anything new, but I expect that will change.  HeeHee  And now, a quote I read today, from Jamie Oliver, third-generation chef, past star of his own TV show and current host of ABC's Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution: "You're going to eat a few times a day for the rest of your life, so you may as well enjoy it!"

I'll be back tonight with a post about my excursion to Tajikistan.  See ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment